2020 Calendar on sale!
Wanju Marr Carers
Thanks to a wonderful Lotterywest grant the Friends of Kings Park are looking for a new group of volunteers for Wanju Marr, the new building for volunteers in Eucalyptus car park.
This will be a shared role, ideally suited to volunteers who are welcoming, friendly and who have an office administration or office management background. They will be responsible for:
- Opening and closing Wanju Marr;
- Answering the telephone;
- Responding to emails and/or sending out communications in relation to Wanju Marr facilities;
- Preparing for upcoming meetings or gatherings at Wanju Marr;
- Preparing a procedure and policies Office manual for Wanju Marr;
- Preparing operational procedures for tasks undertaken in Wanju Marr’s workshop;
- Record keeping;
- Keeping the Friends of Kings Park Committee up to date via the President;
- Photocopy and equipment supply;
- Manage kitchen facilities;
- Stocktake; and
- Other tasks as required as Wanju Marr develops.
The rostered days and times will be negotiated during the interview process. As this is a shared role it is anticipated there will be different volunteers on different days. In time it is hoped that these facilities will be used seven days a week.
Requirements for the Wanju Marr Office Carers volunteer role:
- 18 years of age or over;
- A current member of the Friends of Kings Park;
- Must abide by the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority’s Volunteer Code of Conduct;
- MUST sign IN and OUT of a diary EVERY TIME they volunteer in Kings Park; and
- Only undertake tasks under the instruction of the Volunteer Coordinator and/or the President of the Friends of Kings Park.
How to apply
The first step is to email the Volunteer Coordinator: [email protected] giving details of why you think you would be a good Wanju Marr volunteer. Then the Volunteer Coordinator, together with the Friends of Kings Park, will organise an interview to discuss this new volunteer role.
Positions are coming available for the Wednesday Garden Carers group. The Wednesday Garden Carers meet every Wednesday at 8:00am. For this group you must be a Friends of Kings Park member.
If the GARDEN CARERS is of interest to you, the first step is to email the Volunteer Coordinator: [email protected] with your name and brief description of your interest in the GARDEN CARERS for the Wednesday group.
Then the Volunteer Coordinator will send you further information. There will be placement start dates offered soon to suitable applicants.
Positions are coming available for both the Sunday and Wednesday Bushland Carers. The Sunday Bushland Carers meet every second Sunday at 8:30am – 10:30am. The Wednesday Bushland Carers meet every second Wednesday at 9:00am – 11:00am. For this group, you must be a Friends of Kings Park member.
If the BUSHLAND CARERS is of interest to you, the first step is to email the Volunteer Coordinator: [email protected] With your name and a brief description of your interest in the BUSHLAND CARERS for the Sunday or Wednesday group. Then the Volunteer Coordinator will send you further information.