Your donation to the Friends of Kings Park Fund will support a range of projects in Kings Park.
Recent Fund projects include:
- Research into seed banking, to extend the life of seeds in storage
- Determining the components of the colours in Anigozanthos hybrids, so that new Kangaroo Paws can be cultivated and made available for sale
- Improving the propagation of threatened, local species to increase their numbers for restoration programs
- Measuring the impact of introduced honey bees on native plants
- Examining nutritional deficiencies in the Kings Park landscape
- Research to better understand people’s motivation to plant native species
- Research on how the endangered Queen of Sheba orchids can be propagated
- Supporting the scientific research that underpins orchid conservation and improves translocation outcomes
- Supporting future conservation scientists through the undergraduate Summer Scholarship program
Your donation will go directly to valuable projects like these, and to support long term research into the restoration and conservation of our native flora.
Planned Giving – Create your own legacy in Kings Park
Kings Park is a truly wonderful and awe-inspiring place. It is deeply treasured and loved by millions. It provides a unique sanctuary for both plants and people.
What is it that inspires and captivates us the most? Is it the annual kaleidoscope of colour that enthrals visitors with the magnificent wildflower displays, or the amazing views and outlooks that capture that sense of place, or taking a stroll through Kings Park’s precious remnant bushland, or sharing experiences with others at a special event for family or friends, or that place where you can quietly reflect and find your inner self? It is all of these and more.
For 20 years, the Friends of Kings Park volunteers have made significant and valued contributions towards enhancing Kings Park.
Through partnerships with Lotterywest and the Botanic Gardens and Parks Authority we have also helped to deliver the stunning and world-class facilities that make Kings Park a unique and special place.
This very special place requires ongoing nurturing and the Friends of Kings Park is now asking both its members and the wider community to consider the option of planned giving.
Planned giving is the intention to leave a legacy for the future through a deferred gift in your Will. Planned giving provides you with the opportunity to continue your support into the future. It will provide the Friends of Kings Park with the ability to further assist Kings Park in a range of key and strategic projects.
Please consider the option of making a bequest. Your generous and thoughtful gift can make a significant positive difference.
In addition to leaving a gift in your Will, you can support Kings Park by making major gifts during your lifetime that can help with construction of important infrastructure, buying essential equipment and by supporting scientific research projects.
You can support these programs by making provision in your will, and or a single annual gift or by making regular monthly gifts. Where you desire a tax deduction, you may donate to the Friends of Kings Park Fund rather than to the Friends directly. Please contact the office of the Friends for more details.
Your generous and thoughtful gift can make a significant positive difference.
Read more about how donations to the Fund are used on projects within Kings Park here.